Coconut Chia Pudding with Rum Poached Fruit
A delicious healthy dessert made with Chia seeds. The Coconut milk gives it a tropical flavour and the Rum poached fruit adds the sunshine.This pudding also makes a fabulous breakfast served with nuts. Its so simple the kids can make it, minus the Rum of course. Great way to get everyone eating fruit and tanking up on the healthy nutrients. Only natural sugars. Enjoy.
Write a review
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 75 g chia seeds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 250ml or 1 cup of fruit, finely diced
- 200 ml simple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- Chia seeds can expand to hold up to 10 times their dry weight. In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, chia seeds, honey, lime juice, vanilla paste and nutmeg. Divide into 4 glasses and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours or until set. Over night is ok as well.
- Make a simple syrup with equal parts water and brown sugar, heat until thick pouring consistency. Add fruit and allow to cook slightly, take off heat and add rum. Flavour syrup with orange zest and cinnamon as an option.
- Once pudding has set, top with rum poached fruit.Garnish with lime zest and nutmeg shavings.
- Chia is one of the most nutrient dense foods in the world.
- 8X more Omega 3 than Salmon
- 25% more fibre than flat seed
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
- Skin Hydrating mask anyone? Chia is not only good for you on inside but fab on the outside.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil + 1 tbsp lemon juice + 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- Great for winter and summer dryness.
Sabrina Zeif http://www.sabrinazeif.com/