Note from Sabrina: In Trinidad we call the avocado ‘Zaboca’ and it grows as big as a large mango or papaya. I have to admit as a child I avoided avocados like the plague even though fresh avocados from our tree was readily available. Now as an adult I have come full circle and cannot get enough of this delicious fruit.
Avocados are very nutritious and contain 20 different minerals and vitamins as well as being high in heart healthy mono saturated fats.
Add to salads, serve with any meats or fish, canapes for party,
Add guacamole to tacos, burgers, add to salads, topping for mushrooms, side to omelette, serve with corn chips,
My breakfast : 2 poached eggs with 2 tbsp guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 large ripe tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large lime or 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp spring onions
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1tbsp cider vinegar (optional)
- Cut tomato in small cubes.
- Finely chop remainder of ingredients.
- Cut avocados in half, scoop out flesh. Retain stone seed.Using a fork or masher, mash up the avocado until chunky or consistency which you like.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, spring onions,red onions and chilli pepper to avocado mash. Mix together
- Add the juice of lime, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with extra cherry tomatoes, chilli pepper & coriander.
- TIP: Leave stone seed in guacamole to keep fresh, remove before serving.